Turmeric Benefits | Uses, Supplement And Side Effects
Turmeric has been known since ages for its health benefits. It is also known as Indian saffron or the Golden Spice. One of the most important ingredients in turmeric is curcumin; it is a source behind its powerful biological properties. The use of turmeric has been cited for a variety of health conditions. Some turmeric benefits are given as follows-:
- It Has Been Found Beneficial For The Liver-: liver is usually harmed by the toxins. Turmeric has been found to be full of antioxidants. It takes care of the toxins and keeps them away from affecting your liver.
- Effective In Relieving Inflammation-: Turmeric has been found effective as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. Pain and inflammation in the joints normally become a boon for people. Turmeric has been found helpful in relieving that pain.
- Helpful In Maintaining Digestion-: The reason behind turmeric being beneficial indigestion is due to its anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. Since ancient times it has also been used as part of Ayurvedic medicine for digestion.
- Helpful In Balancing Hormone Levels-: some research has found that turmeric has been effective in dealing with hormone levels. With its antioxidants, it balances the hormone levels.
As can be seen from the above-mentioned benefits of turmeric, it seems to have a variety of uses.
Turmeric has been part of various medicines since ancient era. It is also used a variety of herbal cosmetics.
The properties of turmeric make it a valuable and usable spice, more or less a resource. Some of the following turmeric uses are given below some of the following turmeric uses are given below-:
- Part of kitchen-the first and the foremost popular use of turmeric is in cooking. It forms an important part of culinary. It is one of the major ingredients in a variety of dishes. It is majorly used in Asian cuisine.
- Curing Osteoarthritis-: turmeric has been found effective in treating and providing relief from osteoarthritis and joint pain.
- Reducing Cholesterol-: turmeric helps in controlling introducing the cholesterol level. It affects the bad cholesterol by reducing it which is also known as low-density lipoprotein. (LDL).
- Maintaining Gums Health-: turmeric has antibacterial properties. Taking a turmeric powder helps to reduce bacterial conjunction.
- Helpful in Treating Depression-: turmeric contains a chemical compound known as curcumin which has been found helpful in treating depression.
Turmeric supplement is different from its spice form. Turmeric supplement is basically the extract of curcumin and other helpful medical chemical compounds found in turmeric.
It is specifically used for medical purposes. If real turmeric powder is compared with turmeric supplement then a large quantity of turmeric powder will have to be consumed for the same effect as that for a pill of turmeric supplement.
Approx 3% of the weight in the composition of turmeric powder is the real extract for turmeric supplement.
The major ingredient for the turmeric supplement is curcumin which works at a molecular level in treating inflammation, joint pain, preventing from cancer.
Turmeric Benefits For Skin:
Since ancient times turmeric has been used for its skin and cosmetic benefits. It is also used in a variety of Dermatology products and Cosmetic products. Given below are some of turmeric skin benefits.
- It Provides Natural Glow To The Skin-: as we know that turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammation properties. which effect by providing a glow to the skin.
- Helps In Treating Cuts And Wounds-: turmeric with its inflammation and antioxidant properties helps speeding up the healing process.
- Helps In Treating Acne And Scars-: acne pimples and scars can be treated with the help of turmeric. The properties of turmeric help in reducing the acne and treating the scar by targeting your pores and calming your skin.
- Helpful And Effective In Treatment Of Scabies-: scabies can be an irritating skin disease that is caused by the mites that burrow.
Turmeric Benefits For Weight Loss:
Overweight and obesity become a headache for the affected persons. Turmeric has been found beneficial in weight loss. The ways and turmeric benefits for weight loss are given below-:
- Helpful In Avoiding Fat Accumulation-: fat is usually accumulated in the white adipose tissues. Turmeric and especially curcumin the major component of turmeric is helpful and effective in preventing the fat accumulation in the adipose tissues.
- Highly Effective In Accelerating Weight Loss Through Diet-Induced Methods-: losing weight involves a balanced diet. Involving turmeric in your diet can help in accelerating the weight loss. The reason behind it is the dietary fibers present in turmeric.
- Help In Controlling And Treating Inflammation Associated With Obesity-: as we know that is accumulated in the adipose tissues and these tissues release Adipokines. which are responsible for the inflammation. Turmeric with its anti-inflammatory properties helps in dealing with it.
- Helps In Preventing Diabetes And Overweight People-: people who are overweight and obese are under high risk of diabetes. Turmeric with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties helps in preventing from getting diabetes.
How To Take Turmeric:
Turmeric is found to be very beneficial and effective in maintaining a healthy body. It is very helpful in maintaining the metabolism of the body.
Turmeric has been taken as part of medical treatment since ancient times. But the question arises how to take turmeric. Some of the ways of consuming turmeric are given below.
- By The Way Of Turmeric Supplements-: you may consume turmeric by way of turmeric supplements. Herbal supplements are basically the extract of turmeric and its beneficial components, Especially curcumin. Turmeric supplements give the best results when talked about the benefits of turmeric.
- Taking By The Way Of Milk-: you might choose to add turmeric to your milk. Adding one teaspoon of turmeric to your milk and taking it before you sleep is found to be very helpful and nutritious way of taking turmeric.
- Preparing Soup-: you might like to prepare Soup by adding vegetables and various other spices. Heading turmeric to it Will essentially provide flavor coupled with all the benefits of turmeric.
- Preparing Turmeric Tea-: you might want to prepare turmeric tea. For this, you need to take boiling water to add 2 tablespoons of turmeric, Honey, lemon juice and black pepper. This drink is very helpful in boosting metabolism.
- Sprinkling It-: sprinkling turmeric over your food such as over scrambled or boiled eggs on adding it to a variety of dishes is an easy and nutritious way of taking turmeric.
What Are The Side Effects Of Turmeric:
Turmeric has been found to be very helpful and effective in a variety of body related problems. The turmeric is a very helpful Spice it also has some side effects. Some side effects of taking turmeric are given below.
- It Causes The Blood To Thin Down-: due to some reason the turmeric has properties which cause the blood to thin down. So it is recommended for those people who take medicine for blood thinning to avoid consuming turmeric.
- Creating Imbalance In Digestion-: though turmeric is pounded helpful in a facility indigestion it might be opposite for some people. Turmeric stimulates the release of gastric acid, which might cause acidity
- Giving Out Allergic Reactions-: curcumin which is the major ingredient of turmeric might be allergic to some people. Turmeric belongs to the Ginger family so people who are allergic to Ginger may also be allergic to turmeric. This may give out rashes in other skin related reactions.
- Cause Diarrhea And Nausea-: As mentioned above turmeric causes digestive disorders when taken an Overdose. It affects the gastrointestinal tract which becomes the major reasons for diarrhea and nausea.
- Formation Of Kidney Stones-: excessive conduction of turmeric bite cause kidney stones to form. Turmeric contains oxalates. These form calcium oxalates which essentially become kidney stones.
People Also Search For:
- Uses Of Ultrasound Waves | In Daily Life
- Sturge Weber Syndrome | Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- High Potassium Level Or Hyperkalemia | Causes & Symptoms
- Rabies Virus | Its Symptoms, Prevention And Treatment