How To Lose Weight After C Section?
How To Lose Weight After C Section?
The 9 months long period of pregnancy has finally gotten over. Delivering a baby is one of the happiest moments in a woman’s life. But many times you are not able to go through the normal way & have to go through the C-section. C-section is a surgical way of delivery, this way leaves stitches and scars on your body and also requires more time for you to recover after pregnancy. Just when you have recovered from all those problems, you start to notice all that pregnancy weight that you have gained. Women often question How to lose weight after C-section, as you are advised to rest completely after the operation.
There are various ways through which you can shed those extra kilos. Breastfeeding is one of the effective ways to lose weight after the C section, it is a very essential part of your motherhood too.
But, breastfeeding tends to make you hungry which is why you should take a count of calories. But, apart from that, a post-pregnancy belt is very important as the stitches and the wounds need protection & care.
How To Lose Weight After Baby And C Section?
As you are definitely going through one of your happiest moments of life, many times you might be wondering How to lose weight after baby and C section.
There are some ways to lose weight after C section. Some tips and steps to lose weight After C section are given below:
- Water-: As it is always said that water is the remedy to many problems, It also helps to lose weight after cesarean pregnancy. Drinking plenty of water maintains your metabolism and flushes out extra fat from your body.
- Massages-: As you might not be able to move a lot and exercise but you can get massages as they help by relaxing your body muscles and also help to lose weight after cesarean delivery.
- Yoga-: Yoga is one of the best ways to lose weight irrespective of the situation. Thus, it is also an effective way to lose weight after C section. You start doing yoga after 6-8 weeks of rest after C section.
- Water workouts-: Water exercises are very helpful in maintaining body tone and losing weight. There are various exercises such as Water aerobics.
How To Lose Weight After C Section Belly?
Pregnancy is one of the happiest moments of a woman’s life. But, delivering a baby through C section makes it a bit complicated.
The belly fat that you have gained becomes a matter of stress. You start to ask how to lose weight after C section belly.
There are various ways through which you can lose your belly fat after C section. Some of them are as follows:
- Healthy diet: As you are breastfeeding, you tend to feel hungry. But, maintaining a healthy diet is very important
- Exercise: There are various exercises such as pelvic tilts, planks, Kegels, Bridges, Lower abdominal side, Forward Bends. These exercises are very helpful in Losing belly fat after C section. You can start doing these exercises after 6-8 weeks of rest after C section.
- Massages: As mentioned above massage is very effective in losing weight, especially belly fat. Lipid massages provide both relaxations to the muscles and help in reducing weight after C section.
- Yoga & Asanas: Yoga has been one of the most widely accepted choices for weight loss. It is also very helpful in losing weight after C section. You should try these asanas for belly fat loss. Pranayama, Bhujanga Asana, Suryanamaskar etc.
Is Losing Weight After C Section Harder?
It is often believed that losing weight after C section is harder and almost impossible to lose. First of all weight loss is always harder than putting it on.
Weight loss is not a miracle that happens in a day or two. It is not easy for anyone. In case of weight loss after the C section, it is more said and done than it actually is.
Yes, losing weight after C section may be a little harder due to the fact that you are restricted from doing various hardcore exercise but it is not that it is very hard or impossible.
It requires proper commitment and Healthy diet to lose weight, especially after the C section.
Not Losing Weight After C Section?
Many times it is the case where you are not losing weight after c section, even after taking steps to lose weight after C section.
There are various reasons due to which you might not be losing weight after Cesarean. Some of the reasons are given below:
- Improper diet: As you are breastfeeding you tend to feel hungry and eat a lot, Improper diet and food that are high on fat and calories become the reason behind you not losing weight after C section.
- Improper sleep: Proper sleep is one of the most important parts of your daily life. But it is very likely that you are not able to get proper sleep. Which is why your body’s metabolism gets imbalanced. Thus, you are not able to lose weight.
- Suitability of the exercises: You just don’t start exercising after C section. Rest of 6-8 weeks is very essential. Apart from that, you need proper consultation of your doctor before starting any kind of exercise. Even, the type of workout that you are doing is very essential to have a proper effect regarding weight loss after C section.
- Don’t hurry: As said earlier that losing weight especially after C section is not a thing of 1-2 days. It takes time, commitment and patience. You just need to maintain the right Diet, Exercise & workout plan and go with it. The effect is bound to occur.
Rapid Weight Loss After C Section:
Weight loss is normal after C section. Women tend to lose weight after the C section, it’s normal. You lose approximately 1-2 pounds per week which is normal.
But, what worries is rapid weight loss after C section. In many cases, rapid weight loss is also seen which becomes a cause of worry for women.
It can pose some serious adversities to you and your breastfeeding baby. This might be linked to Baby blues, postpartum depression, and Frequent crying spells.
If you feel that you are losing weight rapidly, then you should definitely consult your doctor. Moreover, the weight loss in women is more in the first week of post-pregnancy.
It becomes stable after that, so any disturbance in your body weight needs to be checked.