Know Your Safe Days To Avoid Pregnancy
Safe Days To Avoid Pregnancy
Pregnancy is one of the most cherished time of your life. However, this has to be a planned one and done on safe days (if you have no plans for family).
Family planning is one of those crucial aspects that have gained much importance in the last few years.
In the lines of Mother Teresa, “once that living love is destroyed by contraception, abortion follows very easily”.
Hence, it is better that step is not taken and everything follows proper planning and a strong mindset.
How To Avoid Pregnancy?
Unwanted Pregnancy is one those miserable conditions that follows the drastic steps ahead.
Couples have to be attentive to else follow the method of reliable birth control to avoid pregnancy.
They must use condoms to be fully sure and to also protect themselves from Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s).
Couples need to be aware of safe days for unprotected intercourse to avoid complications.
There is menstrual cycle safe days chart that clearly depicts which days are safe.
Safe Days For Not Getting Pregnant
- You can assume that you are infertile during the first five days of your menstrual cycle. But this does not work well if the cycle is less than 25 days.
- You are believed to be infertile on the evening of any day you observed that you had no cervical fluid.
- You are infertile (safe) on 4th evening after your cervical fluid. The wetter cervical fluid, the more fertile it is. Ovulation most likely occurs during or one day after your last day of this type of cervical secretion, during this time sex is avoided. (calendar method safe days)
Safe Days Before Periods
The likelihood of getting pregnant before your periods is extremely low. Couples should know safe days for sex.
For women who have a typical cycle of 28 to 30 days or longer and their cycles are regular, ovulation would probably occur between day 11 and day 21 and hence egg is only available for 12-24 hours.
This would mean that the days right before your period are the safe days to avoid pregnancy.
How Many Days After Period Is Safe To Avoid Pregnancy?
Yes, you may get pregnant after your periods. There are safe days to have sex.
You are actually moving into the fertility zone after your periods.
On a typical cycle that occurs after 28-30 days, the fertility days starts from Day 11 to day 22.
Of course, your chances of conceiving right after your period increase with each day after your bleeding has stopped.
Just 1-5 days are safe days to have unprotected sex to avoid pregnancy. That are the safe days of a woman after periods.
How To Count Safe Days After Periods?
To calculate the safe days, you may follow the thumb rule:
- Keep track of your periods to know your fertile days. A common method is subtract 18 from total days of shortest cycle using the resulting number count from the first day of your next period and mark that date on your calendar.
For example, if your shortest cycle is for 26 days long. You have to subtract 18 from 26. (You get 8) Then you have to count 8 days starting from day 1(the first day of your period). Now suppose day 1 was 4th of April (we assumed you got periods on 4th April). Now Add 8 days to 4th April, You have to mark X for 11th April (this is the most fertile day).
- Subtract 11 from the longest cycle count forward from the first day of your next period. Mark that dates on the calendar.
As above example case, now say your longest cycle is 30 days. Subtract 11 from 30 (you get 19). Then, count 19 days starting from day 1. Now suppose day 1 was 4th of April (we assumed you got periods on 4th April). Now Add 19 to 4th April (you get 22) so the 22nd is your last fertile day of this cycle. And rest days you assumed as the safe days of your menstrual cycle.
- Your fertile days are between those marked dates. You should know that sperm lives up to 4 days so count four days on either side as risky too. This method works well if your periods are regular.
Can You Get Pregnant On Your Periods?
Many people ask can you get pregnant right after your period or is it possible to get pregnant right before your period?
The probability is that you would not get pregnant while having sex nearby (just before & after) on your period’s day.
Your ovulation is several days away decreasing any chances of conceiving during this time.
It is likely said to be safe days of a women or period safe days.
People Also Search For: