Saffron (Kesar) during Pregnancy | Uses and Benefits
Saffron During Pregnancy
Are you in dilemma whether to take saffron during pregnancy? Is it safe to take?
These questions are evident to pop up during pregnancy. It is that time when you get a lot of advice from each member of the family and kesar for pregnant ladies is must item in food.
Take a note of how to use kesar during pregnancy.
It is said to be the world’s costliest spice and hence Kesar for pregnant ladies are said to give nutrients to the baby in the womb.
Saffron uses in pregnancy are said to be diverse. You must also take into account the questions like how or when to take saffron while pregnant?
Use of saffron during pregnancy may differ from women to women.
Saffron Benefits During Pregnancy
Before taking saffron, you should also consult your doctor. Kesar in pregnancy may have many benefits.
Benefit of Saffron During Pregnancy
- Saffron milk during pregnancy, helps to solve the problem of mood swings. You may experience hormonal surges and therefore, saffron for pregnant ladies acts as an anti-depressant and helps to elevate your mood.
- Saffron in pregnancy also helps to lower down high blood pressure. Kesar benefits in pregnancy have unique properties. Potassium is present in saffron which helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Saffron for pregnancy helps to solve the problem of morning sickness. You can combat nausea and dizziness with the use of saffron. (uses of saffron in pregnancy)
- Kesar for pregnancy is recommended for better digestion. Kesar milk during pregnancy helps the growing fetus and surges the hormonal changes in the body.
- Kesar Milk in pregnancy also helps in pesky cramps. (kumkumapoovu for pregnant ladies helps to relieve mood)
- Benefits of Kesar in pregnancy is seen mainly as it regulates iron levels and other nutrients.
How To Use Saffron During Pregnancy
How to use kesar in pregnancy is an important question to be discussed. kesar use in pregnancy may differ from person to person. However, it has to be consumed in a limited quantity.
- Use of saffron in pregnancy can be made in the form of soaked saffron. Threads are crushed and soaked in water or milk for about 10-15 mins.
- Crumbled saffron is best suitable for use in nutritious soups and salad dressings. The next step would be to be used in dishes. (saffron for pregnant women)
- Saffron with milk is an another way of intake (kesar milk recipe in pregnancy). Calcium is a highly important mineral for the growth and development of your baby. (use of kesar in pregnancy)
- You may even add saffron to rice and other preparations. two or three strands can add flavor and taste.
- Saffron with water is also a way of use for pregnant women. (kesar benefits during pregnancy)
Saffron During Pregnancy From Which Month
You might be wondering when to take kesar during pregnancy.
Pure saffron for pregnancy can be taken from the third month for the development of the baby.
Benefits of kesar during pregnancy are also numerous for the development of the baby.
It is recommended and considered safe to consume saffron during the second trimester, mostly from the fifth month onward.
Healthcare providers should instruct pregnant ladies when to take the saffron and in the required amount.
Saffron and pregnancy have a direct correlation. Saffron usage during pregnancy will be set by the healthcare provider depending upon the needs.
How To Make Saffron Milk During Pregnancy
As we know kesar is good for pregnant lady. Here is the recipe of how to make kesar milk.
You have to boil the milk and add sugar. Let it get simmer for 5 mins and then add 2-3 strands of kesar. You may add nuts if required.
Benefits of saffron milk during pregnancy are mentioned above.
How Much Saffron To Use In Milk During Pregnancy
How to use saffron in milk during pregnancy. Traditionally, it is said that you have to add 2-3 strands of kesar in milk for the better results.
Best Saffron Brand During Pregnancy
KS Brand Saffron for Pregnant is leading best quality pure Kashmiri Saffron Brand during Pregnancy.
More than 60% of the ladies prefer this brand during their pregnancy.