Endometriosis Causes, Symptoms And Cures | Endometriosis Stages
Endometriosis Causes, Symptoms And Cures Endometriosis Stages
Our body is altogether a tricky business. A little change can result in big damages to our bodies.
Talking about women, we need to understand that there are some specific problems that greatly affect women all over the world. One of them being Endometriosis.
To start with, the prerequisite of pregnancy is the thickening of the uterus tissue as it prepares for the baby.
In case there is no pregnancy, it results in the shedding of the uterus wall.
As in the case of endometriosis the endometrial tissues get displaced and start to grow outside the uterus to other organs like ovaries, fallopian tubes or other pelvic organs and sometimes maybe even outside the pelvic region.
This further results in the blockage of the shed tissues out of the body because of the lack of any passage.
This may turn out to be a serious situation and result in a heavy pain, cramps, and even infertility.
Stages Of Endometriosis
Basically there are four stages of endometriosis categorized as minimal, mild, moderate and severe. Hence the various endometriosis stages can be explained as follows:
- Minimal- The first stage or that called as ‘minimal’ is characterized by swelling around the pelvic organs and followed by patches on them giving a sensation of pain and irritation all over. This may be due to the internal scars on the tissues.
- Mild- This is the second stage which is almost similar to the first stage but here the intensity of the problem is higher with higher pain, irritation and the patches are significantly visible. They are dark and also result in formation of lesions.
- Moderate- Here as in the third stage, the severity of endometriosis increases henceforth this involves the formation of endometriomas (a type of cyst formed when endometrial tissue grows in ovaries) or the cysts that are dark red or brown in color whose rupture results in high intensity of pain and irritation in the pelvic region.
- Severe- This is last endometriosis stage or the major stage where the cysts or the endometriomas grow bigger to the extent where they have to be surgically removed. It leads to a very painful condition as painful bowel movements, indigestion, diarrhea and ultimately infertility.
Causes Of Endometriosis
In general there are no specific causes of endometriosis but studies say that there can be some possible causes which may include-
- Retrograde menstruation or backward menstruation involving the backward flow of menstrual blood instead of vaginal passage to other pelvic regions.
- Where any existing family member has an history of endometriosis.
- Starting of menses at a very early age.
- Non pregnancy or Pregnancy at an older age.
- Too much weight loss or sudden weight loss
Symptoms Of Endometriosis
So commonly asked questions in this regard may include ‘how does endometriosis feel like’ or ‘symptoms of endometriosis’. So here are listed some of the major symptoms of endometriosis:
- Pain during periods: This may result in sharp pain during periods especially in the pelvic regions and not only during periods but also days before and afters the periods. There may me serious cramping throughout .
- Increased constipation, indigestion, painful bowel movements or urination since the pelvic region is the one affected.
- Really painful sexual intercourse
- Infertility is the most common and end symptom of severe endometriosis.
- Menorrhagia or excessive bleeding during periods may also be a common symptom of endometriosis. There may be unusually excess bleeding continuing between menstrual cycles too.
Warning Signs Of Endometriosis
Our body is really intelligent in ways that it signals or warns us beforehand of the impending problems inside.
Same is the case here when women mostly ask about what does endometriosis feel like .
While the warning signs of endometriosis may include pelvic pain, painful periods, irregular periods, excessive bleeding during periods, painful sexual intercourse, Diarrhea, constipation, etc
How To Cure Endometriosis
Even though endometriosis may seem to be severe but the best thing is that it is curable through proper treatment and care. Here are some measures you can take for how to cure endometriosis:
- Make sure you follow a healthy diet for endometriosis. Take proper care of your body and provide it with the maximum nutrition.
There are a numerous medications and pain relievers available for reducing the pain and other symptoms from endometriosis. This may include Ibuprofen or naproxen further consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- In severe cases, take help from surgical methods to remove cysts from the organs for making sure there is no infertility.
- There are a numerous hormonal medications available to relieve and cure endometriosis by positively maintaining hormonal balance. Though it may be dangerous in long term for some bodies.
How To Cure Endometriosis Without Surgery
Most of us are really terrified with words like ‘surgery’ or ‘operations’ and prefer to go for rather subtle measures to deal with such problems.
Most of the women out there ask as to how to cure endometriosis without surgery.
So in this case you can go for longer term treatments like medications, contraceptives or home remedies ( most of them may act like relievers though) like warm baths and regular mild exercises.
Home Remedies For Endometriosis Cyst
Like mentioned before, for people opting home remedies, the following are some home remedies for endometriosis cyst: