Ectopic Pregnancy | Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
These both symptoms together are not very common arising out in less than 50 percent of cases of ectopic pregnancy.
The pain faced in ectopic pregnancy might be pointing and may spread up to your shoulder. It also comes with shocks and getting unconscious.
Though in less case the fetus tends to die. Many a time’s these pregnancies are linked with pelvic inflammatory diseases.
Ectopic Pregnancy Causes:
Ectopic pregnancy is something whose cause is not anything specific. It may arise due to a variety of reasons depending on person to person.
In many cases, the causes are not clear. Though some common reasons are as follows:
- Injuries and scar on the fallopian tube, which might have occurred during an earlier surgery.
- Any medical condition which might affect the fallopian tubes making them improper.
- Fallopian tube reversal might also be the reason behind it.
- Asherman’s syndrome can also be a possible reason for it.
- Those women who have a history of pelvic inflammatory diseases are prone to ectopic.
Ectopic Pregnancy Symptoms:
Many times during ectopic there might be cases where there are no signs and symptoms.
Either may be the case that the symptoms are so nominal that might be confused with other diseases. Some ectopic pregnancy symptoms are as follows:
- There is an increase in your Hcg levels as well as in vaginal bleeding.
- You face lower abdominal pain, pelvic pain, and a soft cervix.
- In some rare conditions, you may also face nausea, vomiting etc.
- In case of it burst hypovolemic shock, distension and tenderness can be seen.
Ectopic Pregnancy Test:
It is on an avg. diagnosed between 4 to 8 weeks. There are varieties of ectopic pregnancy test, some of which are given below:
- Transvaginal Ultrasonography: it involved showing the gestational salve and the fallopian tubes to diagnose the ectopic pregnancy. Its sensitivity rate is found to be at 90%. In this test, the diagnosis is done for an adnexal mass on the ovary which is blobbed in many cases or tubular.
- Ultrasonography And Β-Hcg: This diagnosis is conducted when any clear intrauterine pregnancy cannot be found. Then the β-human chorionic gonadotropin (β-hCG) levels are Measured. A small level of (β-hCG) indicates intrauterine pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy.
- Others: Some other methods of its diagnosis includes through laparoscopy, Culdocentesis, checking the progesterone levels. Dilation and curettage are also used to check for ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic Pregnancy Treatment:
If its diagnosed through various methods needs treatment. Intrauterine pregnancy is something which less specific symptoms and are diagnosed through special tests.
Some ectopic pregnancy treatments are given below:
- If it’s diagnosed in an early state some medical treatments can be given to avoid surgical treatment such as methotrexate. Though it basically does abortion.
- Surgery treatment may be necessary in many cases. When there has been bleeding or any other complication surgical methods of treatment become necessary. Laparoscopy is also used many times to help with surgical treatments.
How Early Do Symptoms Of Ectopic Pregnancy Start:
Ectopic pregnancy arises due to the wrong implantation of the fertilized egg somewhere other than the uterus.
The signs and symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy usually arise in the 4 – 8 weeks of pregnancy.
But even this in the case where a diagnosis is done. There are no specific signs or symptoms pointing towards ectopic pregnancy.
But you may have to face vaginal bleeding, belly pain and missed a period. But these symptoms also tend to arise in normal pregnancy thus they might be confused with something else.
Specific signs for ectopic pregnancy can be seen from the 6-8 weeks of pregnancy.
How To Prevent Ectopic Pregnancy:
Ectopic pregnancy is something which doesn’t much of specific prevention and precaution. Though some measures can be taken which will definitely affect the overall chances of ectopic pregnancy.
Some methods to prevent ectopic pregnancy are as follows:
- Using proper precaution while having intercourse such as using condoms and other methods to have safe sex.
- You must avoid smoking and as well as keep yourself fit to maintain your reproductive health.
- Time to time gynecological exams is a good and safe precaution one can take.
- While conceiving take some precautions from lifting heavy weights or any odd activity.