Circumcised Vs Uncircumcised | Which Is Better?
Circumcised Vs Uncircumcised
During a circumcision, the foreskin is set free from the glans of the penis, and the excess foreskin is taken off. The question for many becomes is circumcised vs uncircumcised which is better?
Circumcision is a surgical process carried down in males, it involves removing the foreskin from the male penis. This is a General procedure carried down to remove the foreskin.
It is a much common procedure in countries like us or in Middle East countries or Africa. Circumcision is also taken as a religious procedure in some religions.
Though circumcision is not necessarily required in a newborn, it is done out of the personal or religious will.
What Is The Purpose Of Circumcision:
The purpose of circumcision depends on various factors. Is circumcision is being done due to religious beliefs or due to a medical cause or any other reason?
The pediatrician might prescribe circumcision though it’s optional. In Islam and Judaism circumcision is done as a custom. Medical reasons for circumcision might be present too.
It is normal for the parents to choose circumcision as they believe that it guards against infections of the urinary tract and on the foreskin, prevents penile cancer, and decreases the risk of getting sexually transmitted diseases.
It is also found to be helpful in preventing from phimosis (a tightening of the foreskin that may close the opening of the penis).
These can be some precautional reasons behind opting for circumcision. In adults, the reason for opting for circumcision might be balanitis.
If you take circumcised vs uncircumcised penis than the circumcised penis is found to be more protective to STD’s.
Circumcision in babies is usually performed by pediatricians while they are in the hospital. In the case of adults, circumcision is done with consent and it is an outpatient surgery.
In case of circumcision in newborn, it is done by numbing the penis with the use of an anesthetic. There are 3 types of procedure for circumcision:
- Gomco Clamp-: In this method, a tool called Gomco bell and clamp are used to assist with the surgical procedure. Circumcisions performed using the Gomco clamp are common, quick and easy. It also results in very little bleeding.
- The Plastibell Device: It is used in case of circumcision of babies. The Plastibell device is a small, plastic bell. It has a rim on the open side. It is made to sit over the glans of the penis. Though this method is not as effective as Gomco clamp.
- Mogen Clamp: It is a metal, hinge-shaped device used for circumcision. it does not require a cut in the foreskin before its placement. Though it doesn’t directly protect the glans. But it is really fast in its work.
There are other conventional cut and stitch procedures too, in the case of newborns the above tools are preferred.
Circumcision is a very common surgical procedure. When you think about circumcised vs uncircumcised you think that there might be some benefits attached to it too. Some circumcision benefits are given below-:
- Circumcision is seen to provide protection against penile cancer and has reduced the risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
- Circumcision too provides Protection from balanitis (it is the inflammation of the glans) and also protects from balanoposthitis (it is the inflammation of the glans and foreskin). Many times these are the reasons for circumcision in adults.
- Decreases the probability of urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases.
- It is also seen to protect the male from phimosis (it is the inability to retract the foreskin on glans) and paraphimosis (It is the inability to return the foreskin to its original position).
- It also prevents the accumulation of Dirt and unwanted particles under the foreskin which causes infection. In circumcised vs uncircumcised penis the latter one requires proper cleaning and attention.
Disadvantages Of Circumcision:
There are uses disadvantages of circumcision. As it is a surgical procedure there are also several risks attached to it-:
- Losing Of Sensitivity: Many times men complain that circumcision has caused the loss of sensitivity of the penis. Some reasons behind this might be due to the glans becoming thicker and the absence of the foreskin over it.
- Considerable Chances of Infections-: The chances for infections are the chances for infections are quite and can easily be taken care of with local antibiotics. Systemic infections may appear too and the remedy for them is to give an intramuscular injection of antibiotics.
- Chances of Excessive Bleeding: given that circumcision is article process there are considerable chances of bleeding. Though there is a provisional treatment for it and the chances are 1 in 1000.
- Meatitis: It occurs in newborns when the meatus gets inflamed due to diaper rash, which causes water passing painful. Treatment is usually easy and highly effective. The risks of mastitis can be minimized by proper hygiene.
- Pain-: This is something which you might have expected is totally normal. Though severe pain and irritation are always worth a check.
In the circumcised vs uncircumcised penis, the former one shows some drawbacks and risks to be considered. As it is a surgical procedure.
Circumcision Before And After:
What difference do you see in a circumcised vs uncircumcised penis? The changes before and after circumcision are significant but get adapted to daily life.
If as an adult you have got circumcises then you can really feel the difference. The skin on glans has just gone, your glans become thick over time and become less sensitive.
As studies and results show that you are now more secured to urinary tract infections and penile cancer.
Studies proof to get condoms stays more comfortably on a circumcised penis. It is also said that it provides more protection from STD’s.
People Also Search For:
- Sex After Birth | After Pregnancy How Long To Wait?
- Sex After C Section | Precautions And Birth Control
- After Giving Birth | How Soon Can You Get Pregnant(FAQs)?