Baby Stomach Pain | Symptoms And Remedies
Baby Stomach Pain
Baby Stomach pain is common but the question arises what are the reasons? If your baby is experiencing any sort of discomfort you have to make sure that it gets resolved as soon as possible. Babies can experience stomach pain accompanied with other symptoms which include fever, diarrhea or vomiting. It is a serious concern and you have to figure out the right cause of it.
- Newborn Tummy Aches: When a baby is uncomfortable which leads to fuzziness all around. They are more exposed to infections. One such reason is a weak intestine.
- Newborn Bloated Aches: Gas is trapped in lower and upper abdomen which makes the bowel irritable. Over 70% of babies faces gas discomfort between 1-4 months due to the digestive system being weak.
Baby Stomach Cramps At Night
- Toddler Stomach Pain At Night: Sudden pain occurs at night due to indigestion or gastric problem which poses a lot of discomforts. However, there could be other problem associated and hence the right cause and its remedy have to be discovered.
Symptoms Of Stomach Pain In Babies:
You have to make sure that your toddler’s tummy is not upset. However, there are some symptoms to find out the real cause:
- Baby is crying more than usual.
- Baby is acting fussy all the time.
- Vomiting and Diarrhea.
- Muscles being tensed.
- Eyes Squeezing and a glimpse of pain.
These sort of stomach aches are common for kids. You have to find some soothing ways to get the pain at ease.
Baby Stomach Pain Home Remedies
It might be possible that you are experiencing wakeful nights due to your child experiencing pain and hence to make sure that the problem is solved with the right remedy. Here are some remedies of baby stomach pain:
- Hydration: It is very important that the toddler is kept hydrated all the time. To serve the purpose different kind of sweetened drinks or mint can be provided. The nerves can be soothed at the moment and will also be helpful in reducing pain. You have to also make sure that oily food should be avoided.
- Foot Massage: There are different nerves in the legs which need to be relaxed to ease the pain. In this condition, you can support the foot and put pressure in the central area.
- Honey: Honey contains different antioxidants and carbohydrates which helps in fighting against infections and harmful bacteria. However, it is not advisable for toddlers for less than 2 years of age.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is another ingredient that is helpful in fighting against bacteria. Yogurt is considered good for health and brings digestion normal.
- Chamomile tea: It is advisable to give one cup of water with teabag which helps in reducing cramps and pain and at the same time it has properties of anti-inflammatory.
- Asafoetida (heeng): It is one of the best remedies for stomach pain. However, it has to be noted that infants under the age of 8 months are not at all recommended this even in liquid form. It can be given for children above 10 months (by adding a pinch of it in food).
Baby Stomach Pain Medicines
There are different medicines advised in stomach pain. However, this may vary from condition to condition. If you feel that the child does not see any relief even after 2 or 3 days, you should consult a doctor.
- SOS is advised. (Different dosage is given to toddlers for different weights).
- Dicyclomine Hydrochloride IP – 10mg
- Simethicone Emulsion USP equivalent.
Stomach pain if not being cured at right time can become a serious issue and hence the child need proper care and nursing time to time.