Baby Diaper Rash | Types, Home Remedies & Treatment
Baby Diaper Rash
Mother always try to take full care of the child but somehow every child gets diaper rash at some point. It’s not always all the babies but most of them. When we leave a wet or a dirty diaper for too long then it causes baby diaper rash.
When babies rub or chafe against the diaper then it causes baby diaper rash. Yeast infection and bacterial infection can also cause baby diaper rash.
Rashes which are harmless and often seen on a baby’s scalp is called cradle cap. It can also be seen on his bottom.
It is red, scaly and waxy patches which causes a lot of itching and rashes.
Diaper Rash Types
There are mainly four common diaper rash types:
It is caused by diapers themselves. It is caused when wet skin is in contact with the diaper for so long.
You can see redness and swell on the affected area.
This is known as yeast infection. Yeast grows in a warm, moist area and regular contact of wet skin with diapers make yeasts grow rapidly, which causes infection and baby diaper rash.
You can see redness and swell all around the affected area, pimples, ulcers and also sores with pus can also be seen over there.
As the term itself says it is due to the allergy. It can be with the chemicals or wipers, diaper cream, some soaps or lotions, or body wash or even laundry detergent.
In this type of diaper rash, rashes are hard to find but redness can be seen easily all over the affected area.
Bacterial rashes occur or come when the skin is already infected with some other type of diaper rash type.
It can be noticed when there are pus-filled sores and pimples all over the affected area. Bright red, clear rash around the anus can be seen.
Diaper Rash Bath
Bathe your baby with warm water and baking soda mixed into it. The solution of water and baking soda used for diaper rash bath helps the baby diaper rash to cool down and recover a little faster.
Diaper Rash Home Remedies
Following are the diaper rash home remedies:
Take some warm water to clean the baby’s bottom and pat it to dry and then take some coconut oil and massage the affected area gently. This will help to reduce and remove baby diaper rash.
Tea Tree Oil
What you have to do is to mix the essential oil with a carrier oil and then massage the affected area gently.
Take half a cup of Epsom salt and add it into a tub of warm water. Let your baby soak himself in the water for 15 minutes.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it into a cup of warm water. Now to apply this on baby’s bottom, take a piece of clean cloth and dip it into the solution and then gently wipe the affected area.
Yogurt is another good option for diaper rash home remedy. Give your baby yogurt on a daily basis. Or what you can do is, you can apply a layer of plain yogurt on baby’s bottom.
Baking Soda For Diaper Rash
- Mothers are advised to bathe their babies’ bottom with a mixture of warm water and some baking soda.
- Take 3-4 cups of warm water and then add 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda into it.
- Soak a clean cloth and dry it a little, then use it on baby’s bottom to clean. Leave the solution on baby’s bottom for a while and then clean it with water.
- Baking soda for diaper rash works really well.
Diaper Rash Treatment
There are some points which should be noted down for diaper rash treatment:
- Keep your child clean always and dry too by changing the diapers frequently.
- Try to use water instead of wipes because it contains chemicals. Cotton balls, wet wipes etc. should be avoided.
- Pat the child’s bottom skin instead of rubbing it.
- Apply ointments which are basically to form a barrier on the skin to protect it from stool and urine infections.
- Buy diapers which are big in size so that babies can get proper air circulation.
- There are some baby diaper rash creams available to make the irritated skin cool down. There are some jellies and creams available such as Vaseline, Desitin, balmex etc.
- Nappy rash treatment includes home remedies as well as creams available in the market for the affected area. Mothers should treat the child wisely and take care of baby diaper rash.
Nappy Rash Adults
Nappy rash adults, it is not mandatory to have baby diaper rash only. Rashes can irritate everyone babies, adults, toddlers. Nappy rash adults are almost same as baby diaper rash.
Not frequently changing of diapers cause irritation from the chemicals which are found in stool and urine. So, chemicals lead to cause rashes on baby’s bottom.
It is caused by skin irritation. When wet skin is rubbed against the diaper in the presence of stool or urine, it causes a nappy adult rash.
Elderly adults who may be allergic to perfumes that are present in the diaper may get rashes due to this. If the bottom’s area is not properly washed then also it causes rashes over there,
Yeast infections can also cause a nappy adult rash. Yeast grows in warm, dark and moist areas and leaving the diaper unchanged for so long will cause diaper rash.
People Also Search For: