How To Lose Weight While Pregnant | Breastfeeding
Recently Updated On: June 6th, 2018
How To Lose Weight While Pregnant
Pregnancy is an ecstatic feeling for any woman. Carrying a life in your womb for 40 weeks brings the joys of life.
Your body nourishes the baby inside you and therefore your health during pregnancy is of utmost importance.
Your excess weight can become an obstacle during the pregnancy. Having more weight while pregnant can lead to:
- Premature birth
- Heart defects in the baby
- Infections in mother
- Blood clots
- High blood pressure
- Gestational diabetes
- Labor problems
- High chances of cesarean
- Pregnancy loss
To prevent such problems and having a healthy baby requires serious care of oneself while pregnant.
So here we enlist some points on how to lose weight while pregnant.
- First of all, you need to be aware that weight is essential for you. After all, you are carrying a baby inside you. A pregnant woman needs an extra 300 calories per day. This is an average data. Every woman’s needs vary. So first you need to know how many additional calories you need.
- To manage your weight during pregnancy, eat small but frequent meals.
- Exercise half an hour regularly. To avoid harming your baby during exercise, opt for prenatal yoga or walking.
- Eat healthy food – fruits, vegetables, low-fat milk and dairy products, unsaturated fats, cereals, nuts, eggs, yogurt, etc.
- Don’t eat too much just in order to have a meal for two. Know the additional nutrients required and then proceed.
- Cut down on unhealthy foods – margarine, butter, gravy, sauces, mayonnaise, food that contain sugar or corn syrup, salty foods, junk food like chips, cake, cookies, etc.
Losing weight while you are pregnant is not at all difficult. Just a little care, attention and of course the supervision of your doctor is necessary.
How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding
After breastfeeding their child, moms feel hungry and to combat that hunger they consume more than they actually should.
Therefore it becomes a little hard for women to get back their pre-pregnancy weight. Well, amazing it may sound, but breastfeeding does burn around 850 calories.
Yet, those lost calories come back again with the high-calorie diet that moms take after breastfeeding. Hence, here for you are some ways on how to lose weight while breastfeeding.
- You can exercise moderately after two months of your delivery. That is a safe time to shed that baby fat. However, you should exercise only under strict supervision.
- Drink enough water so that your toxins are flushed out.
- Don’t have packaged meals. Rather get some home-made cereal like oatmeal or corn flakes.
- Eat foods that contain high omega 3: walnuts, spinach, eggs, etc.
- Eat a lot of iron-rich foods – leafy green vegetables are iron-rich
- Meditate or deep breathing for 10 minutes daily. It will relieve you of any stress and frustration.
- Don’t try to lose weight as soon as possible. It took 9 months for the baby to nurture. From your rib cage to your hips, everything expands, so take time to get back to normal.
- Consult a doctor/dietitian to help you prepare a balanced calorie diet without affecting your milk supply.
People Read this Article Should Also Read:
- How To Lose Weight For Women | With PCOS
- 10000 Steps To Calories: How Many Calories Burn To Lose Weight?
- What Food To Eat To Lose Weight Fast | Weight Loss Diet
- How To Lose Weight Fast In 1-4 Weeks| Without Losing Muscle
- How To Lose Weight | In A Day Or Overnight?