IVF Advantages and Disadvantages | Who Should Go For IVF Treatment?
Recently Updated On: June 6th, 2018
IVF : Advantages And Disadvantages
Just like every action have some pros and cons, similar is the case with IVF treatment, now before you go for adopting this measure, keep a note of What is IVF? and IVF advantages and disadvantages:
ADVANTAGES Of IVF:
1.IVF works when other infertility treatments fail and you have non-other option to have your own child.
2. You can also introduce a surrogate mother to carry the embryo and still have the advantage of having your own baby.
3. Anybody can take the advantage of IVF:
- Even a lady with no husband can become a mother if her husband’s sperm saved by sperm banking.
- A man without a female partner or a couple with same-sex can become a parent with the help of the surrogate mother.
- A lady who is unfit to carry a baby for full gestational period.
4. It contains the cells of both the parents where one or none of them is fertile or has any fertility disorder. So the parents can enjoy having their own baby through the process.
5. If either egg or sperm or both are damaged or not usable, donor egg or sperm can be used
6. One of the big advantage of IVF is women who have damaged or blocked fallopian tubes can also conceive with the help of test tube baby
8. It helps men with fertility problem since sperms can be retrieved with the help of injections known as Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injections (ICSI).
9. It can also help in determining the fertility problems.
10. The most relevant advantages of IVF, you can ensure the good health of your baby by genetic screening. By utilizing genetic screening – called preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) or pre-implantation genetic screening (PGS) you can ensure the fetus before implantation during IVF is free of known genetic disorder.
11. The mothers who have miscarriage her baby due to some genetic disorder can take the advantage of test tube baby.
12. You can control the timing of your baby birth as according to you. Because the timing of conception here are in your hand.
DISADVANTAGES Of IVF:
Along with advantages, there are some disadvantages of IVF also:
1. There are chances of unsuccessful fertilization as there are various factors that affect the success of IVF
2. There are about 20%-30% chances of having multiple pregnancies in IVF which can prove to be dangerous to both the mother and the baby.
This is being controlled by transferring only a single embryo in the woman’s uterus.
3. Further, this may also lead to a disorder known as Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
4. This process is also supposed to be an expensive way of fertilization so there arises a problem of affordability for many couples which is a major disadvantage of IVF.
Who Should Go For Test Tube Baby Or IVF Treatment?
As described above, apart from ‘anyone can take the advantage of IVF’ any infertile couple can go for test tube baby. Now, let us know – Who are an Infertile couple in medical terms?
Generally, when a couple wants baby and woman does not get pregnant even after having sex with her partner continuously for one year without using any contraceptive, called an infertile couple.
Infertility can be treated clinically. But if it has following condition/s, the couple should opt for IVF treatment:
- Not getting pregnant even all reports are normal
- Regular missed abortion after every conception, with unknown reason
- Difficulty in conceiving at higher age(above 35)
- Difficulty conception in the second child
- Cyst/tumor in the uterus or lower menstruation
- In case of no menstrual cycle
- Irregular periods, non-formation of egg, Anovulatory infertility
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD)
- Uterine Tuberculosis
- Failure of 2-3 IUI cycles
If you have one or more above conditions of infertility you may choose an IVF baby but should opt the best IVF center near you.
If satisfied, you can continue with the same test tube baby clinic from which you have been getting the infertility treatment.
But, being a critical procedure along with a high-cost treatment of an In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) baby, you should learn a brief look of the IVF Clinics on the basis of their experience, number of IVF, IVF success rate, etc., before opting it.
If you do not find the quality test tube baby center near you, can opt the best, out of Top 5 Best IVF Centers In India.
People Also Read:
- What Is IVF Or Test Tube Baby? IVF Success Rate And Cost
- TOP 5 Best IVF Centers In Agra | Their IVF Cost