EARLY PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS
Although pregnancy test confirms you that you have pregnant but for those women who do not want to wait their missed period to do the pregnancy test, here are some early pregnancy symptoms that trigger you the presence of pregnancy. These are the signs that your body indicates you that you’re pregnant even before your missed period.
- Sore Breasts– Your breasts might feel tender, heavy, sore, or your nipples might look different. Tiny nodules appearing in the areola (areas around your nipples). The areolas may look larger and darker.
- Nausea– Generally nausea or morning sickness starts around the sixth week of pregnancy, but some women start feeling queasy days as their early pregnancy symptoms. The reason behind is the hormonal changes occurring in their body.
You might feel sick due to these Hormonal changes. It is not sure but many doctors believe that higher HCG hormone levels can be the reason for Nausea & vomiting during pregnancy. This is the same hormone that confirms your pregnancy during pregnancy test. Doxinate-OD Tab can be the safe drug to prevent morning sickness.
- Fatigue – You may feel tired or fatigue as your body is diverting some of its energy to the newly growing fetus. This usually eases after twelve weeks.
- Mood swings– This is again due to hormonal (estrogen and progesterone) changes and changes in metabolism. Mood swing is usually experienced during first trimester and third trimester when your body prepares for birth. But sometimes it may show in early pregnancy symptoms.
- Dizziness – Due to the diversion of some of your blood supply to a new life, grown in you, may change your blood pressure, hence dizziness occurs.
- Shortness of breath – dizziness or diverted blood supply increases the requirement of oxygen in the body. Due to lack of oxygen in the blood, you may feel shortness of breath.
- Cramping during early pregnancy– Generally cramping is a sign of your coming menstrual period, but when the pregnancy occurs it is also one of the very early signs of pregnancy.
As the embryo implants into your uterus after conception, you might notice some cramping. Hence it creates confusion whether it is cramping of coming menstrual period or due to conception. To clear the confusion see other symptoms.
- Bloating– As the embryo implantation takes place you may feel tight, gassy, and bloated in your lower abdominal area.
- Backache– The weight of the growing baby and uterus also puts pressure on the back, nerves in the pelvis and on the blood vessels. Pregnancy shifts your center of gravity. That may cause lower back pain. Paracetamol tablet or Relispray can be used to reduce a backache.
- Constipation during early pregnancy– It is due to an increase in the hormone level called progesterone, which relaxes smooth muscles throughout the body, including the digestive tract. It means there is less movement of waste in the digestive tract that may lead to constipation. Drink 2-3 liter water per day and take fiber in your meals to prevent constipation.
- Implantation Bleeding– sometimes when the implantation of the embryo takes place to the wall of the womb, a small amount of spotting can occur. It is usually pink or brown in color, which is normal. If the spotting turns to bleeding (more than normal) consult to your gynecologist. Spotting usually happens 6–7 days after fertilization and can be confused with your period.
- Headaches– increase in hormones and the changes in your blood pressure, the small vessels around your head and sinuses may cause headaches. Paracetamol tablet can be used to reduce a headache.
- Acid Reflux or Heartburn– Heartburn during early pregnancy is due to Progesterone, the main hormone of pregnancy that slows down your digestive system and causes acid reflux. That, combined with the pressure of a growing baby, increases the possibility that acid in the stomach will get its way upward.
Moreover the sphincter muscle at the junction of the esophagus and stomach that stops acid from escaping up into your throat. The muscle works less and you might start feeling heartburn or acid reflux. Zinetac 150 tab once in a day is safe in pregnancy to prevent acid reflux.
- Drooling/Excess Saliva– In continuing the side effect of feeling sick and having acid reflux, the result is sometimes accumulating more saliva in your mouth.
- Food Cravings or Aversions– your perception of certain foods may be changed due to change in hormone level of estrogen in your body. Estrogen enhances your sensory organs and it may trigger your perception.
It can also cause an aversion to some foods. You’ll feel hungry more often and crave for certain foods that you perhaps didn’t enjoy before.
- Needing to pee– Your frequency to pee may increase due to pressure from the enlarged uterus to the bladder. Some women experience this from very early in their pregnancy. The number of times you need to pee increases even though your fluid intake is the same.
- Vaginal Discharge during early pregnancy– It is important to know that ‘egg white’ like discharge may be a sign of ovulation and thicker creamy white discharge near to the time of your missed period can be a sign of conception.
As the cervix and vaginal wall soften during pregnancy, the body produces excess discharge to help prevent infections.
These Are the early pregnancy symptoms you may feel even before your missed period. In next blog, you will find pregnancy symptoms week by week. In case of any query or to know more, please write at below comment section.