Breast Pain After Period | Ovulation : A Cause | Cures
Recently Updated On: July 6th, 2018
Breast Pain After Period
Breast pain after a period can be linked to many other causes that are not related to the menstrual cycle, this kind of breast pain is also called non-cyclic breast pain and the cause for such pain is unknown although there can be several reasons behind it.
It can be in the way of a continuous sensation that can trouble a woman even after her menopause. Cyclic breast pain subsides with the end of menses.
Breast pain after a period can also be felt as a sensation of being stabbed, burnt or soreness in the breasts and can be caused in either the breasts or specific parts of the breasts.
Breast Tenderness After Period
Breast tenderness after periods can be caused because of a large number of reasons. Although, unless there is a painful lump in the breasts or certain discretion from the nipples or warm breasts following can be some of the reasons for continued breast tenderness after the period:
- Salty-foods can cause breast tenderness because of their water retention properties, due to which they can store excessive water causing in the body tissues straining the breasts.
- Caffeine has a vasodilating action on the body and excessive amount of it in the diet can dilate the blood vessels that carry blood to the breasts thus causing breast tenderness.
- Hormone replacement therapy and consumption of birth control pills can also cause sore breasts.
- Stress is also one reason suspected to be behind continued sore breast or breast tenderness after periods
Breast Pain After Period Causes:
There can be some other causes behind it, like:
- Severe hormonal imbalance
- Fibrocystic breast changes which mean a situation where the breast contains non-cancerous lumps which are not harmful
- Medications like Anadrol, diuretics, chlorpromazine can also trigger breast pain
- Bony chest wall can also give a sensation of breast pain but in that case, the pain is radiating from the chest wall and not the breast itself.
- Mastitis is a condition in which the breast tissue becomes inflamed thus causing pain and sore and cracked nipples which can complicate to form breast infection.
- Shingle is a disease in which the breast gets painful rashes thus causing pain and discomfort; the symptoms of this are clearly visible that is rashes over the breasts.
- These are some of the prospective reasons behind breast pain and breast tenderness after periods but the exact cause may remain unknown in some women and that is where consultation becomes important.
Breast Tenderness After Period And Cramping
Breast tenderness after period and cramping can be caused and this is medically called dysmenorrhea.
Breast tenderness which is cyclic begins before periods and ends after the blood flow stops but breast tenderness and cramping after periods is of non-cyclic nature and can have a variety of reasons behind it.
These cramps usually decrease after the first pregnancy and also with age.
Breast Pain Reasons
There are a no. of breast pain reasons can be caused because of, primarily hormone fluctuations and fibrocystic breasts.
- Hormonal imbalances in estrogen and progesterone account most commonly for breast pain. They can cause the breasts to be swollen, lump and heavy. Sensitivity towards fluctuation in hormones increases with age. If there is breast pain and the reason behind it is hormonal imbalance then it subsides after a period.
- Fibrocystic breasts are side-effects caused due to the process of involution which means the replacement of breast tissue with fat during the aging of a woman. Cystic or more fibrous tissues develop which can cause soreness and pain. It mostly occurs in upper breasts or outer area of breasts.
- Other causes of breast pain or tenderness include stress, improper medication, ill-eating habits, breast surgery extra-mammary reasons and smoking as well.
Breast Tenderness After Ovulation
Breast tenderness after ovulation is somewhat inter-linked to each other since the basic cause behind both is the fluctuation in levels of estrogen and progesterone.
To understand this concept it is important to understand how these levels influence the breasts.
What happens is at the time of ovulation progesterone levels are low and estrogen levels rise as one approaches ovulation.
The impact of this is that the progesterone receptors in the breasts rise so that progesterone can work properly during the later stages of the cycle.
This, in turn, causes the mammary cells to multiply causing breast tenderness and in case the woman does not conceive the progesterone levels fall causing the newly created cells to die which can also cause breast tenderness after ovulation.
Sore Breasts Week After Period Ended
Sore breasts a week after period ended are an example of non-cyclic breast pain or soreness.
It can be caused because of a number of reasons that might be related or not related to menses.
Hormonal imbalance such as higher estrogen causing fuller breasts and later on higher progesterone causing more sore breasts because of the dilation of blood vessels can cause sore breasts after periods.
Also, oral contraception, stress, and over-consumption of caffeine can cause breast tenderness after periods.
How To Cure Breast Pain
These medications also beneficial in relieving cramping pain associated with PMS.
Diuretics can be taken to reduce swelling and tenderness. Any medication should be taken under medical supervision only because diuretics can increase your urine output as well as the risk of dehydration.
Certain minerals and vitamins rich foods also help relieve breast tenderness, such as:
- corn, olive, safflower, and canola oils
- oat bran
- brown rice
Besides this, An exclusive chart given in the Kindle edition book– “The Fastest way to Cure Breast pain, Soreness and Tenderness (The 3 Step System for Curing Mastalgia Fast Book 1) Kindle Edition”(Free for subscribers) that helps you with monitoring your progress along with how to determine your precise Bra Cup size by using a tape measure, How to go braless on a wing and a prayer to judge whether your bra is your problem.
You will also learn the 40 signs and symptoms that confirm you have severe mastalgia, How to use 7 powerful remedies to prevent your estrogen from docking on to its receptors and many more..